Memories of a Lifetime


Hello, book readers!
I finally finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Reading this fabulous book took me about the span of a week and a half. I was able to finish it pretty quickly due to my English class's independent reading time that we get mostly every day.
There was one particular scene that made me really emotional  so I took a small break from the book. Although I was only reading about it through a piece of paper, it felt like I was in the scene myself.
One important character in the book is man named Baba, who is the main character's, Amir, father. Baba is a stern natured man who sees the world in black and white. He tells young Amir, “When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.” 
This quote was very eye opening to me because I never saw those wrongdoings in that kind of light. Baba is telling Amir not to do those bad things because the consequences are so great. It not only directly affects the victim, but the people around the victim as well. I hope that other people are able to acknowledge this so that they are more aware of how their actions can affect others. 
The author uses the magic number of examples: three. He also uses pathos to appeal to the readers. Throughout the whole book he pulls at the reader's heartstrings in sadness and happiness, which makes the book memorable. Baba's quote made me wonder if my own lies and cheating caused great repercussions that I never imagined. Hopefully, in the future I can remember what Baba said and refrain from doing any bad actions.

Comments

  1. I also read that book and it also made me very emotional. That quote stood out to me as well when I read the book. I just hope that other people understand the repercussions of their actions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you opened up in your entry; it really made me realize your feelings and emotions as you read this book. It sounds like you learned a lot from this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the quote you chose because it made me realize my mistakes I have made in life and I am glad you have learned a lesson from the quote which you can use in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Say NO to Stagnantness

Books That Forever Changed My Life